Palm Sunday

I love Palm Sunday!

I savor this day because of an experience I had when I was 14; I was a resident student at a place called "Edgewood Children's Ranch" - a wonderful place God tenderly deeply set my feet firmly in Him.

On this day, my dorm mom, Terry Hotalen Newman, woke us up, wearing her usual African wrap, waving her hands in the air, telling us how in Africa, the villagers all gather palm branches, and come to church singing and waving them high, celebrating the events of our Savior!  Somehow, that vision planted in me such a vibrant excitement of this day!  Jesus came to town, on a donkey, and God revealed Himself and allowed Himself to be lifted up, in praise!  The whole earth recognized HIM that day... a week before His being lifted up on a cross and resurrecting... from the dead!!

Ever since, I feel such a wonderful celebratory anticipation of Him on this day!  It's almost, almost, as exciting as Easter!

Are we celebrating and welcoming HIM into our work, churches, homes, and lives today?  Am I anticipating HIS powerful presence in all areas of my life today?  I want to... so I lift my heart, mind, eyes, and hands... all of me up to recognize HIM... and welcome, celebrate, praise and make way for HIM to come. 

Come Sweet Jesus...bless this day!

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, 
 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him.  He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

  Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....