Charleston Adventure

With an estimated 44,000 people registered for the Cooper River Bridge 10K Run, Charleston was packed with people.  I guess I did not realize it was such a big deal,  I was amazed at the numbers of people!  You could feel the swell of excitement!  Races are so fun!  We left our boat at 5:25AM to get into the shuttle lines by 6AM.  After some sort of stall with the start of the race -- it should have started at 8, they did not blow the whistle until 8:30.  My Group (wave) and I crossed the START LINE at 9:36AM!  

This Bridge is GI-Normous! Those cables are like the size of a good thick tree trunk.  Almost at the TOP of the bridge!! I ran most of the race, which was good for me.  I am not the runner I once was a few years ago, so I was proud of my time (1:21:46), I ran about 75%... it was GREAT!

After the race, it was time to sail!  My first time on "the big waters" - we stayed mostly in the harbor area as we did not have a lot of time.  The winds were gusty (about 15-18 knots), the clouds threatened to burst but we did it!  I can hardly wait to go again...

Sunday Morning (Palm Sunday!) opened beautifully.  I was happy we agreed to open the boat windows and forego the a/c - it made for a loud obnoxious hum.  With the windows open, the night was peacefully quiet, cool and lovely.  I rose before the sun and caught some nice pictures.

This shot came out super!  Notice the little "patches" in the cement?  Well, I learned the hard way to NOT step on the smooth ones as it is slick as silk!  My toe paid for the oversight; moments later as I was tip-toing back to the boat, I realized I had a bloody mess to deal with, I am ever thankful for those who actually come extra prepared with antibiotic ointment and bandaids. 
Nice morning shot of our home for the weekend.  It was a Brand New Boat... everything was shiny, squeaky clean!

The sun finally showed its face, as I settled down for some good, local roasted coffee, and my Bible...

Love it....Love HIM!

From My spot there on our boat.... 

My New Favorite Place to Visit....

A few familiar Shots of Downtown Charleston... 

Next time??

Next new car??

Here I am!

I absolutely love these gas lanterns...

Now, how can I do this at home???


Charleston is a great walking city!

It was a little chilly to get wet...

Cool Idea!  This is a little chalkboard... 

Yummy treats...I had to forego, as I am fasting sugar for lent.  My friends enjoyed them for me.  

One of the famous spots.. This use to be the slave market.

Amazing old homes... 

Beautiful Parks....

Comments

notpoems said…
beautiful pictures!! I didn't know you were spending your time there on a boat...lovely. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....