Isaiah 58:11-14


The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the LORD's holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,

then you will find your joy in the LORD,
and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land
and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob."
The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Recently my Sunday school class enjoyed looking over Isaiah 58; it was really delightful! I am going to work on this portion of the chapter for the month of June! I am so excited how God's Word washes, heals, breaks off oppressive yokes and fills us with Joy as we "ride on the heights of the land" and feast on the rich inheritance we have in our Lord!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Tammie that is a very good scripture. I immediately picked up my Bible and read Isaiah 58:11-14. I love the part when he says that we will be like a well watered garden an ever-flowing spring.
Praise God never dry.

Thanks for giving more insight to my post I am writing today. I was about to write it and then God directed me to yours.

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....